Welcome to the Jacksonville Urban League!
Since 1947, we have striven to be a leading advocate for promoting access to quality education, economic opportunity, civic engagement, health and wellness. Our mission is to assist African Americans as well as other underserved communities to secure economic self-reliance, parity, power and civil rights. To learn more about our history, visit our timeline page.
Our Core Values
- Quality: We make quality the cornerstone of all activities and commit ourselves to the highest standards in our delivery of services
- Respect: We are honest, respectful, and forthright in our actions. We are committed to operating in the best interest of our constituents, employees, and partners, with a goal of enhancing mutual respect among all segments of our society.
- Teamwork: We achieve the best results by working together. We work as a team and value and respect the contribution of others.
- Empowerment: We respect the needs and expectations of our constituents. We empower our employees who are committed to provide the service our constituents need.
- Leadership: We lead by example in what we do. We take responsibility, provide guidance, and hold ourselves and each other accountable.
Five Point Legacy
- Provide quality services to constituents.
- Ensure organizational sustainability.
- Market the organizations messages and services.
- Build and maintain community partnerships.
- Focus on securing and developing staff.
To learn more about our goals and future plans, see Strategic Plan 2020.